Friday, February 22, 2013

Rice Rice Baby

Untitled
29 of 29 and 74 of 100

I found this delightful photo of a wee one enjoying eating rice and knew I HAD to try and draw it! I rarely draw babies (this might be the third one ever?) and certainly never one with its tongue out but it was just too darn cute to not at least try.

I use my fingers to smudge lines which can tend to create quite a mess so I am reminding myself to use a tortillon instead. I also knew that I needed to ignore all the proportions of an adult head so this  one was far more intuitive and free flowing.

I am happy with how the baby's hand  turned out as well and this makes 29 of 29 faces done! What an amazing challenge this has been. I am so glad I gave it a try and hope to be able to join in the next one.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing this challenge and so early to boot, that is awesome!!!!! I am not sure I will be so successful, but content knowing I have given it one heck of an effort and if not completed I will be darn close by the end of month lol your work is beautiful, keep it up!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed looking at all your 29 faces Trish. i have nominated you for a Liebster Award on my blog http://joyfulartstuff.wordpress.com/2013/03/04/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete