Thursday, February 7, 2013

mandala 1


mandala 1, originally uploaded by Trish Nonaka.

As I mentioned I am going to try and improve my skills in creating mandala. This is a rather large one (it has an effect added to the photo) and done on sketch paper that I truly do not like (daley-rowney 65lb 11x14). I chose this paper because I really just want to get a feel for the design process and don't plan to do much more with these particular pieces. They may end up being designs that I use in future works but for now its the the exercise of creating mandala that I am focusing on. 

Do you draw mandala? If so, what is your process? Do you use ruler, compass, etc or free hand? Pencil or paint? I am really interested in knowing how others approach this so please - comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment