Friday, November 9, 2012

Imagine - NaNoJouMo #9

Today's prompt is Imagine by None Other Than John Lennon

I had to listen to the song countless times (only because I love it) and went through every version of him performing it that I could locate online. I wasn't sure what I wanted to say or capture from the song and then thought there really isn't anything more to capture than John himself. I have never attempted a drawing of an iconic figure before so who knows how this will turn out or how long I will need to work on it but I will at least share the steps with you as I go. So far its just my facial lines and a quick line drawing.

Let me say too that my sketchbook filled with my 100 faces I've been working on was slightly damaged in this last move and it really shows up in the photo. Here is the original image: 2012-11-09 15.39.30

After adding Sketch and Wash and brushing with water.
2012-11-09 17.02.19

No comments:

Post a Comment