Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 6 NaNoJouMo

“Crystal Ball” by Styx is the prompt ...so here you go!

As I listened to the song I was drawn to the idea of not knowing what direction you are headed in or where to go and the thought of feet came to mind. I did some quick sketches of feet with pencil and then began to draw figures in various directions.
Crystal Ball 3

I added the circle shape to represent the crystal ball. I softened edges by sketching the lines I wanted to keep with an Aqua Pro Art pencil and washing with a water pen. I knew I wanted the ball to be hazy  but the images still clear enough to tell what they are. I laid down a layer of clear gesso then went in with a diluted acrylic wash of two blues and a drop of glaze medium added to it.
  Crystal Ball
My main focus here was to make the lines between the figures and feet to blend together as though they were appearing in the crystal ball and providing guidance yet not giving any direction or answers. What do think? Did I do it?

Leave me a comment and be sure to let me know if you are participating in NaNoJouMo as well. I'd love to see what you are doing.

1 comment: