Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall Is In the Air

October 15 prompt from A Year in the Life of an Art Journal.

Fall is in the Air
We are experiencing autumn for the first time in many years and though I am homesick for the islands I am enjoying this seasonal change very much. We have a tree that is shedding it leaves and dropping pods (Sweet Gum) and you can see the pod in the photo. I carved these stamps a week or so ago and today I lined up all my fall-ish color ink dyes and began to alternate the colors one after the other. I wasn't going for a great composition - merely trying to capture the colors and feel of autumn on my page. As I worked on this our weather turned from warm and bright and to dark and thunder-storming! I am now going to enjoy my cup of hot tea and watch the action out the window.
Check out the entire prompt here.

5 comments:

  1. When I was a kiddo, our neighbor had a sweet gum tree... I loved those spiky little balls it dropped. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful, Trish. I love the repeat pattern and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours!! I still have to start on this one and am really looking forward to it
    Brigitta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Be sure to share your link once you work on yours!

    ReplyDelete