Friday, August 15, 2014

Pages of My Life- Aug 11-15


Here's a glimpse of my art journal/planner for the week of August 11-15. Some of the components that are pretty regular are a layer for the background, a quote and random doodling. The background was done using my gelli plate and acrylics. 

Something new that I tried this week was the use of negative space in the heading. This idea came from the  Art Journal Inspirations class that the lovely Miriam Schulman offered. She does an amazing job with negative space and its something I rarely think about. I like the look; what do you think? 
  

I added the quote from Vincent (yes we are on a first name basis!) while listening to a wildly weird and odd but wonderful recording by Michael Gordon. He put Vincent's letter to his brother Theo to music. YES! Seriously! You MUST listen. At least once. (BTW: I heard the whole thing on spotify but the link is just one piece posted on you tube)

The quote on the left was posted on my friend, Liz's fb page and it simply spoke to me. 



I added some date and comment stamping using my date stamp from SMASH.
Here's the funniest part...it was completely filled in by Monday evening!
I had to resort to marking up other things!

No comments:

Post a Comment