Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Art of PerfectShun

I thought I would share why this became the name of my art blog and business. You may or may not know that I, like many others, have struggled with perfectionism.

per·fec·tion·ism

  [per-fek-shuh-niz-uhm] 
noun
1.
any of various doctrines holding that religious, moral, social, or political perfection is attainable.
2.
a personal standard, attitude, or philosophy that demands perfection and rejects anything   less.

Over the  years, I've grown and let go of that though it still rears its ugly head now and again. The latest area that it appeared in is my art. Rather than go down that path again, I embraced making mistakes, being sloppy, and generally shunning trying to get it perfect and simply enjoy the art of creating! The name is a continual reminder to shun the impossible pursuit of perfection and just enjoy the creative journey!

I don't have to be a da Vinci, van Gogh, Monet or a Cassatt but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the process or the product of my artistic  endeavors.
And neither should you! So grab some paint, a pencil, or even crayons and join me in the art of perfectshun! 

Let's throw some paint around and see where it lands!


Cherry Blossoms 
2.5x3.5 watercolor

No comments:

Post a Comment