Monday, January 16, 2012

Some "moments" in my art journal

Moments

Double page spread in my art journal for 2012. I first rubbed a bit of Broken China Distress Ink down then added bits of copied dictionary pages with Mod Podge (which I have never used in my art journals before....always used Gel Medium) which actually gives a nice feel and texture to the paper which surprised me. Then a layer of yellow tissue pieces and patterned paper strips. I copied some of my pen drawings that I thought related nicely to my 2012 word "Moments" then scribbled the word over the entire thing using a gray marker.

Let me know what you think! And if you are here from Sketchbook Challenge or Year in the Life of an Art Journal be sure to leave a comment and say hi! I'd love to visit your blog too!

2 comments:

  1. Trish, we are trying to do this for the first time. (the kids and I). I have gathered a lot of supplies, but I have to say that I'm a little nervous. Your's looks AWESOME! I am not sure how to start, but we are just going for it. Hopefully, by the end of the year, we can see our improvement. Can't find Mod Podge in Korea...boo...although maybe it's right in front of me and I don't know it!! So, I am going to have to order it from Amazon. In the meantime...paints, glues, markers, stamps and stickers will have to do. Any words of wisdom for me from you....??? Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J - you can use glue (Elmer's) just think it out a little but not so much that it wrinkles the pages. Sometimes I just use a glue stick to add things to the pages. There is no right or wrong way to do it...just go for it! Can't wait to see your pages!

    ReplyDelete