Friday, December 9, 2011

Why I Scrap and Do Family History

I just finished reading this article and thought to myself how happy I am that I have begun to record the stories of our family. Years ago while the girls were in school I had their grandparents come and tell about their experience with the bombing of Pearl Harbor. It was priceless and many of the stories they told had never been heard before by my husband; their son. They had both taken the time to write down some notes and now I need to take the time to be sure I know exactly where those notes are.
We are planning a visit over to the island they live on and I have a running list of questions and things I want to cover with both of them as well as the other older relatives.
It all comes down to this...if WE don't tell our story...who will?

No comments:

Post a Comment