Friday, October 7, 2011

Steve Jobs' Quotes

Since I am not a MAC, it may seem strange that I would post about Steve Jobs. It shouldn't though. (Remember that I am a PC by marriage not choice!) Below you will find a link to his complete commencement address made in June 2005. Here are some of my favorite quotes from that speech which should give you greater insight to me or confirm what you already know and explains why I would write about Steve Jobs.

"...much of what I stumbled into by following my curiosity and intuition turned out to be priceless later on."

"I learned about serif and san serif typefaces, about varying the amount of space between different letter combinations, about what makes great typography great. It was beautiful, historical, artistically subtle in a way that science can't capture, and I found it fascinating."

"..you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.

"You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle."

"Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice."

"If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."

"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life."

Text of Steve Jobs' Commencement address (2005):

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment