Thursday, January 5, 2012

One Little Word 2012

My One Little Word for 2012 found me yesterday.
I had a list that I began compiling in December with possibilities that included olw possibilities

I glanced at these a few times during our trip to Big Island but still wasn't feeling drawn toward any one in particular. I laughed that the words "plans" and "change" came up one after the other. That is so true, isn't it? Plans change!

And so do olw selections.

Yesterday I pulled the scribbled list out and read it over again and began thinking about what was to come this year and what I hope to focus on. I wondered what God wanted to show me and teach me. I was more inclined to use "remember" or "memories" especially in light of my goals to write more family stories and continue to scrapbook and build on our genealogies. Knowing that we will be leaving the islands in June I am not anxious to only look back to the past. I want to continue to create and collect new memories and practice being in the NOW (my OLW from 2011). Each moment is something to be savored. Precious. Fleeting. Important.

And whether I look back to the past, forward to the future, or focus on the now its the moments that matter.

MOMENTS.

My olw2012...moments

What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment